India is celebrating Independence Day today.
I simply love dressing up according to the occassion. So here is an independence day inspired OOTD.
According to the Tri-color theme, here I am wearing Orange Phulkari Dupatta, White Long Chikan embroidered Kurta and Green chooridar. Also wearing tiny orange and green bindi.
I tie my hair in a tight ponytail, because its very hot and chip-chip mausam today. Adding to the celebration, I am also going to make tri-color sooji ka halwa for dinner.
So friends, how are you celebrating today? Don’t forget to share your picz and hit a like on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/rohakas
Keep things simple.
Keep things stylish.
Keep up the tradition.
Happy independence day.
Today I am going to share a round-up of my recent purchases.
I was on a holiday trip for 20 days and went to Chandigarh, Anandpur Sahib, Golden Temple, Delhi and to some other places. Where ever we went, I grab something. I didn’t end up finding what I was looking for but did buy a few other things that weren’t on the list.
Let’s see what I have purchased.
I bought these magnets from Rock Garden, Chandigarh.
I’ve always loved puppets and pupppet shows since my childhood.
We went to Gurdwara Kesgarh Sahib and Virasat-E-Khalsa (also known as Sikh Heritage) in Anandpur sahib. Virasat-E-Khalsa is a museum of Sikhs. Its a beautiful place. It depicts the culture and history of Punjab. There was was one shop in which there were so many pretty things related to sikh culture. I wanted to buy a lot of things from there but couldn’t 😦 . So i bought these Coasters only.
Here are some pictures of Museum Virasat-E-Khalsa.
My favourite phulkari salwar & dupatta set.
Do you want Phulkari salwar and dupatta set? I have these for sale too in different colours. Pls. contact me through mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally i bought RayBan. Feeling super duper happy. 😀
I was looking for the brown eye-liner but couldn’t find it and end up buying Loreal kajal. 🙂
Salt & Pepper set
I love this cute heart shaped salt and pepper set.
A wooden Box
I bought this from a shop Near Golden Temple in Amritsar. Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s image is carved on this box. I was attracted to this and end up buying it.
I liked it, so i bought it. Heheee 😀 Now I have one more jutti/mojri in my collection.
So, I think that’s all of the stuff that I’ve purchased so far. What have you purchased lately?
I hope you enjoyed this post. Thanks for reading.
Don’t forget to hit a like on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/rohakas
Love you. ♥
Short embroidered jackets/waist coats/vests are very popular among Indian women these days. I see a lot of women now-a-days wearing these beautiful jackets in various ways like: patiala suits, chooridars, long kurtas, kurtis, anarkalis or jeans. It has become a must have item for Indian wardrobe.
Embroidered jackets are on the top of my mind these days. I recently bought this beautiful jacket from a local shop in Bhootnath market, Lucknow. This jacket has ghungroo at the end of the doree and mirror work. I am feeling very happy and i always feel happy whenever i buy a new clothing item… Heheeee 😀
Let’s have a look at the pictures below of styling jackets/vests in different ways:
These vests look great with pants and jeans too.
I think i should buy one more ethnic vest. 😉
Hope you also like these jackets.
Don’t forget to connect with me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rohakas
We all have that little addiction for shoes. I have too many shoes but have a few of my favorites.
Here are some of my favorite footwear.
1. Golden Sandals: This is one of my fav. footwear. I wore it on my wedding. 😀 It looks superb with Indian party wear like sarees and suits.
2. Black heels: I think black heels is must for everyone. This one is very comfortable. I wore it with almost everything – Jeans, suits, sarees, dresses etc.
3. Kolhapuri chappals: I bought it from Aminabad market (Lucknow). It look very pretty with ethnic clothes. Minus point is… it’s not very comfortable 😦 but i like to wear it occasionally.
4. Mojari / Desi Jutti: Desi jutti is one of my favorites. I love to wear them with patiala salwars and jeans. I had so many of them earlier. But now i am left with this one only. Still… no worries, i am going to punjab next month and will buy lots of them from there. 🙂
5. Canvas shoes: I love them because i painted them. 🙂 Other wise also, i love canvas and sports shoes. They are super comfortable.
Follow us at: https://www.facebook.com/rohakas
I love canvas shoes and I think most of us are crazy about canvas shoes and want to have the coolest ones.
I was thinking to paint my old plain canvas shoes into something fabulous and fun.
This is the picture below of how my shoes looked before painting.
I am in love with the new look of my canvas shoes. 🙂
Have you tried painting your shoes before? Show us what you’ve made !
As we all know khaadi is a wonderful hand woven cloth material. And has a unique quality of keeping the wearer warm in winters and cool in summers. Many Indian women wear sarees, kurtis and other dress material made from khaadi. And men wear khaadi shirts, jacket and kurta with jeans.
Now a days khaadi is blended with cotton and silk to make it more attractive and is available in many colours. We saw a lot of prints and drapes at Lakme Fashion Week (Day-2).
I love wearing khadi. My favorites include: khadi Kurtas, khadi jackets/vests and sarees.
I am soon gonna stitch long khadi kurta in color grey for sure. 😉
Do tell me if you also want khadi kurta. I’ll stitch one for you too.
Stay happy, stay blessed.
Don’t forget to connect with me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fashionandsomethingindian
“Wear Khaadi this summer and be cool.”
It is the beginning of summer and all of us love wearing cotton clothes during this season I am sure.
Have a look at these Daily-Wear Cotton Kurtas by Rohaka
Made by Rohaka with love.
Do connect with me on facebook for more details: https://www.facebook.com/fashionandsomethingindian
This is my first time for the Liebster award and I am feeling great to be nominated for my first blogger award. I was nominated by “Falguni” https://diysimplebeautysecrets.wordpress.com/ . Check out her blog. She has got wonderful beauty secrets and home-made solutions.
So now onto the tag!
1.When and why you started your blog?
– I started this blog in september 2014. I am building a platform for my dream business through blogging. I want to open a fashion and art studio in near future. I want to introduce handmade items and want to promote Indian artisans. Well, it is just a beginning. Also, I am introducing my brand name and products through this blog slowly. I am writing about indian fashion, indian arts and crafts and some other stuff. Also want to sell some hand made items through this.
2.Other than blogging what you do?
– Love creativity and create things out of waste. Other then this i am a home maker.
3.Do you think blogging as making money concept?
– Yes, it is.
4.Advice you would like to give for beginners in blogging.
– Do something interesting and try to write about it. Stay focused and write write write. Always try to reply to your comments.
5.what is your dream for which you are working hard to achieve it?
– To open my fashion and art studio and run it successfully.
6.the biggest achievement in your life?
– To finish a project/an order from New York on time for 3 bridal lehengas and one sherwani and other home decor items. And earned a nice amount. 😉
7.Who is your role model?
– My parents
8.how you are making money for your living?
– Running a small boutique from home. Sell suits (daily wear and party wear), sarees(party wear), and other creative hand made things from home or internet. Not many people know about my boutique and work.
9.Blogging or YouTube videos what would you like to do?
10.where you want to see your blog after one year?
– With lots of likes and lots of comments.
11.One thing you can not live without?
Art Wardrobe: https://artwardrobe.wordpress.com/
Fangirling Owl: https://fangirlingowl.wordpress.com/
The Summer Rain: https://umberays.wordpress.com/
Blushes & Sparkle: http://blushesandsparkle.com/
Creative Me: https://nimasonti.wordpress.com/
Arti Sandhu: http://artisandhu.com/
Shopping in stilettos: https://kashmiralad.wordpress.com/
Through the lanes: http://throughthelanes.com/
1. List 5 places you want to visit.
2. What are your favorite patterns?
3. What do you blog about?
4. What really scares you?
5. Name 3 sites online that you love.
6. What is your favorite brand of makeup?
7. Money or Love?
8. What is your newest purchase?
9. The meaning behind your blog name?
10. What do you collect?
11. How are you making money for your living?
Hope you enjoyed reading it and looking forward to reading your responses too.